The Thomasville Tourism Commission was created by the City Council in 1993 to promote Thomasville as a tourist destination. Funding for the Commission is provided by the application of a hotel occupancy tax paid by visitors that stay in any lodging within the Thomasville city limits. This tax generates approximately $150,000 annually. Funds are used to promote Thomasville through activities, events, promotions, and marketing to bring visitors to the community.
The City Council appoints the members of the commission to three-year terms; members may serve an unlimited number of terms. Some members fill specific roles on the committee to insure that there is community input from a number of businesses and organizations.
Day-to-day operations are managed by full-time Tourism Director Cameron Marsden.
Visitor Center Information:
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Commission Meeting Date/Time & Membership:
The Commission meets on the 4th Tuesday of every month at 8:30 a.m. in the City Hall board room, Mezzanine level, 10 Salem Street, Thomasville, NC, unless otherwise noted on the website.
- TOMMY BALLARD - At-Large - Treasurer
- JIMMY DAVIS - Restaurant Representative
- JUSTIN FINCH - Advertising Representative - Secretary
- CHRISTY JONES - At-Large - President
- RITA JUPIN - At-Large
- LAWANNA MAJOR - Hotel Representative
- JESSICA NANCE - Retail Representative - Vice President
- TIMOTHY SIMPSON - At-Large
- DANA TRANTHAM - Chamber Representative
- JANE MURPHY - Council Liaison