The Planning and Adjustment Board is composed of six residents of Thomasville appointed by the City Council and one member appointed by the Davidson County Commissioners that lives within the Thomasville Extra-Territorial Jurisdiction planning area. The Board's responsibilities are to oversee the planning and development of the City so that it meets the adopted Thomasville Comprehensive Plan and the Zoning Ordinance. They also act as the Board of Adjustment to hear appeals and variances to the Zoning Ordinance.
Board Meeting Date/Time & Membership
The Planning Board meets the last Tuesday of every month at 5:30 p.m. in the Ball Park Community Center, 7003 Ball Park Road. The building is ADA accessible. For the most recent agendas click here: Committee Agenda Page.
- Brandon Byerly, County ETJ Appointee
- Jane Hill - Chairperson
- Pat Shelton
- Oran Jefferies
- Chris Myrick
- Carl R. Shatley - Vice Chairperson
- Judy L. Smith
- Eric Kuppel, Alternate: City
- Vacant, Alternate: County ETJ Appointee
- Doug Hunt - Council Liaison
- Chuck George - Staff Representative
- Misti Whitman- Attorney Representative