Household Hazardous Waste Services


The City does not pick-up household hazardous waste (HHW). This type of waste includes pesticides, chemicals, used oil of any type, hazardous or flammable material of any kind, ashes, and sealed drums. For more information about HHW materials and safe handling go to the Environmental Protection Agency web page.

You may take these types of materials to the Davidson County Landfill located at 220 Davidson County Landfill Road (website). 

The City will pick-up paint cans as that are open and all of the contents are dried. You can speed up this process by adding cat litter or sand to leftover paint. Place dried paint cans in your regular garbage cart.

If you have questions about other materials you may call the Sanitation Division at 336-475-5547.

Household Hazardous Waste Services