March 21, 2023 – AMENDED April 6, 2023
Request for Proposals (RFP)
DEMOLITION BID REQUEST
200 Kern Street, NC
The City of Thomasville is accepting sealed bids for demolition on the above property. Bids must include total cost for the following:
- Demolition, removal and disposal of the structures on the property;
- Install and maintain erosion control measures to prevent erosion and sedimentation run-off in accordance with an approved Erosion Control Plan provided by the demolition contractor. The Erosion Control Plan pricing should be included in the Request for Proposal.
- Install measures to prevent dirt, mud, and debris from tracking or remaining on city streets;
- Put measures in place to prevent the damage to infrastructures such as water lines, sewer lines, sidewalks, curbs, streets, signs, power poles, power lines, and any other property owned or controlled by the City of Thomasville or a 3rd party;
- Trimming of trees close to structure may be necessary for removal, but must be trimmed to balance out future growth;
- Removal of landscape trees and plants around the structure;
7) Back fill areas outside the floodway with dirt as necessary to level the grade of the ground consistent with adjacent undisturbed areas;
8) Re-Seed the ground for all disturbed areas and apply straw for grass growth. Follow up to be sure the seeded grass is taking form. Re-seed as necessary to prevent bare spots;
9) Any funds received for salvageable materials that are removed and sold to a 3rd party or kept for self, must have the funds or value of property returned to the City of Thomasville per the North Carolina General Statutes. However, these funds can apply toward the cost of demolition charged to the Town;
10) Contractor is responsible for OSHA compliance for all phases of the project; and
11) Demolition activities are restricted to Monday through Friday from 7 am until 7 pm.
Asbestos Removal: The City of Thomasville shall provide an Asbestos Survey Inspection Report to the bidding contractors upon completion of the report. The anticipated report completion date is April 17, 2023 and will be distributed.
All Asbestos must be removed from the structure and from the property prior to any demolition of the structure. Asbestos material must be disposed of properly. Provide certificate that Asbestos was removed properly.
Liabilities: If during the work completed, the street(s), sidewalk(s), power lines, power poles, private property, public property, pollution, sedimentation run-off, and any other property owned or controlled by the City of Thomasville or a 3rd party is damaged, destroyed, cracked, or otherwise worsened from its original condition, the contractor shall be liable and make necessary repairs to bring the damage back into compliance with Standards.
The Contractor shall complete the following services and provide written confirmation of completion to the Town prior to demolition:
- Ensure Water Shutoff to the Street
- Ensure Sewer Tap Capped at the Street
- Ensure Power is off and lines are removed to the Street
- Ensure Any Natural Gas Lines are off and capped at the Street
- Close the Streets with Signs/Markings if necessary and requested during Demolition
Directions to the property:
Traveling into the City via I-85, Exit 103, proceed north on Randolph Street, proceed east on Leonard Street, turn right on Kern Street. Building is located inside the fenced area across the street from Park Place Baptist Church.
Building to be demolished is located within the fenced area. Building is as Subject to Demolition per the City of Thomasville
Performance bond equivalent to the Bid price will be required before award of bid. References of performance of similar work are required as part of the bid package.
To access the site prior to bid date contact: Eddie Bowling, Assistant City Manager 336-475-4222.
Bids have been extended with a new due date of April 28, 2023. Sealed bids must be received no later than April 28, 2023 at 12:00 noon to be considered.
A mandatory pre-bid conference has been scheduled at the project site (200 Kern Street, Thomasville) on Monday, April 10, 2023 at 10:00 A.M. All potential contractors are required to attend the pre-bid conference. Contractors that participated in the pre-bid meeting are not required to attend the second pre-bid meeting.
If you have any questions related to the demolition, please contact Eddie Bowling at 336-475-4222 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of Thomasville reserves the right to reject any and all bids for any reason or no reason and accept the bid most favorable to the City of Thomasville.
If you should have any questions on the bidding procedures, please contact the Assistant City Manager, Eddie Bowling. Contact information is below.
Sealed bids shall be delivered to:
Eddie Bowling, Assistant City Manager
City of Thomasville
10 Salem Street
Thomasville, NC 27360